Inspire! to Learn
Our children will learn in a loving and caring environment, that is fun and engaging at all levels.
Inspire! has spent 2012 with a comprehensive revision to redevelop our curriculum from the ground up. In accomplishing this task we met with seveal key school system Educators and Superintendents. We met with Professors of Early Childhood Development and key subject matter experts. Basing the foundation of our new comprehensive curriculum on New York State's Common Core Curriculum: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/pdfdocs/nyslsprek.pdf
Our Approach to Learning is to infuse learning into everythingthey do at all levels of development. We focus on children become involved in learning and acquiring knowledge.
Physical Development and Health – Children’s physical health and ability to engage in daily activities.
Social and Emotional Development – The emotional competence and ability to form positive relationships that give meaning to children’s experiences in the home, school, and larger community.
Communication, Language, and Literacy – How children understand, create, and communicate meaning.
Cognition and Knowledge of the World – What children need to know and understand about their world and how they apply what they know. This domain is a direct reflection of the content competencies and knowledge of the Common Core Learning Standards.
At INSPIRE! Learning and Childcare, we truly understand that you trust us with your most prized possession, and we take that honor very seriously. We provide safe, nurturing care and enriched, developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for every child entrusted to our care, and we strive to foster a lifelong love of learning.
We do not babysit. We engage, teach and have fun with your kids!
Jean: "We are always focused on the child's development and education through learning sessions, activities and play which makes learning fun at every center. We have seen a marked improvement in children's development both academically as well as behaviorally and socially. We continue to enhance our curriculum. Most recently we have begun to add Music and Art's to a much greater depth into our learning and activities.
Inspire! to Learn is specific to each of the following age groups; Infants, Toddlers, Pre-k and Afterschool. In addition to the NYS Common Core Curriculum, we also participate in Universal Pre-K(UPK) in our Brockport location. Please ask your Center Director if you have any question as to how our approach to learning can help your child(ren) develop."
Infants (6 weeks to 18 months)
- Safe, secure "home away from home" environment where your infant can develop, learn to play, and grow.
- Abundance of personal attention and social interaction between teachers and infants that will appeal to their sensory learning mode (seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling and feeling) and promote cognitive and social skills.
- Personalized schedules reflective of each child's own personality.
Toddlers (18 months to 3 years)
- Classrooms and equipment specifically designed to support safe exploration so your child has room to discover, build motor skills and improve coordination.
- Activities focus on experimenting with space to develop balance, hand/eye coordination, participation in creative movements to music and more.
- Our program enables your toddler to grow in confidence and learn to walk tall in their world.
Preschoolers (3 to 5 years)
- Focus on preparing your child for Kindergarten.
- Storybook/theme-based curriculum that builds on their physical, social, cognitive and intellectual development.
- Build self-confidence, self-worth, independence, respect, literacy, language, math, science, creative skills and physical development through hands on experiences.
School Age / Wrap Around (5 to 12 years)
- Care and guidance before and after school, early morning arrivals and breakfast as well as child drop off from school to our centers, with afternoon snacks
- Homework time, organized activities and free choice of learning centers to interact in.
- Building friendships, respect for one another, science experiments, chapter book readings, challenging large motor games and cooperative play are all incorporated into our school age program.
- Full-day programs full of fun events and activities on sunny and rainy days.
- Learning continues to be infused into most activities i.e. baking with mathematics.
- A season full of fun and educational field-trips to museums, parks, pools, amusement parks, tours, planetarium…
- Building new friendships and activities that foster teamwork, independent thinking and large motor skill development.